Aglio e Olio
A quick and classic pasta dish
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Italian parsley, washed, dried, fine chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of ½ lemon
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- 10 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (almost shaved)
- 1½ cups olive oil, better quality, better taste!
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients except the shaved garlic and olive oil.
- Next, gently whisk in the olive oil and season as needed. At this point you can season the sauce with salt and pepper, more lemon juice/zest, and crushed red pepper, if you desire more.
- If you’re not eating the sauce right away, store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- If you are making and eating the sauce right away, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a sauté pan on low heat and lightly sauté the garlic for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add ½ cup or 4 ounces of the Aglio sauce to the pan, along with your cooked pasta. Mix the pasta with the sauce, coating each and every noodle. Remember to twist and twirl for plate presentation. Add a little Pecorino Romano, and enjoy!