JOTORO “Mexico City” Grilled Street Corn
- 2 sweet corn cobs in husks
- 1/4 cup JOTORO chipotle mayonnaise see note
- 1/4 cup freshly crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 lime cut into wedges for serving
- Tajin see note
- Micro cilantro see note
- Shaved radish
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch corn in the husks for 4 minutes. Remove from water and set aside. When cool enough to handle, pull husks back from corn, but leave them attached. Remove silk strands from the cobs. Rub corn with chipotle mayo. Heat a grill or broiler to high. With tongs carefully turn corn so that all sides are charred, about 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the cheeses.
- Brush additional chipotle mayo all over the warm corn. Sprinkle cheese blend on top to coat. Dust with a bit of Tajin, micro cilantro, and shaved radish for garnish.
- Serve with lime wedges and any remaining chipotle mayo.
How to make the JOTORO chipotle mayonnaise:
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup Kraft mayonnaise, 2 whole chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest, and a generous spritz of fresh lime juice. Whisk everything together until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust for seasonings as desired. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
You will want to make extra chipotle mayonnaise. It is great condiment on sandwiches and wings. We like it basted on grilled fish and chicken too. Tajín is a dry seasoning blend made with mild chili peppers, lime, and sea salt. Shop for Tajin at Publix and Walmart stores. Micro cilantro can be purchased at specialty nurseries. You can substitute freshly chopped cilantro.