“When I think about fall, I think of fresh apple pie, cinnamon and clove, and all those good things. I chose Elijah Craig bourbon because it’s got all those warm, spicy fall flavors. It pairs well with the BOLT Nitro, which is a Sumatran coffee that is earthy and bold and has molasses-like notes. The apple cider added a fruitiness that marries well with the other ingredients.
This cocktail is layered—not shaken or stirred—so when you taste it, you go on a flavor journey. The first sip is very different from the last. Overall, it’s a really satisfying combination of tasting notes that bring up all those good associations with the fall season.”
Josh Thomas, training manager and barista, Buddy Brew Coffee
Buddy Brew’s Nitro Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- 1½ ounces Elijah Craig bourbon
- 2 ounces unfiltered, unsweetened apple cider
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 can BOLT Nitro
- Apple slice and cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Combine a cup of ice, bourbon, apple cider, and a pinch of cinnamon in a metal Martini shaker. Shake for 20 seconds and strain into a 9-ounce glass of ice.
- Shake a can of BOLT Nitro and open it (there will be a little fizz but it shouldn't overflow.)
- Pour BOLT Nitro gently on top of the apple cider/bourbon mixture until the glass is filled.
- Garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.